Meditation resources where you actually practice, which is the most important thing:
- Waking Up (Sam Harris) --> this is the one I use, I can send you a month free if you'd like
- 10% Happier
- 15 minute Vipassana Meditation with bell every 5 minutes (YouTube)
- UCLA Free Guided Meditation
- Mindfulness Meditations (to compliment the book Mindfulness: An Eight-Week Plan)
- 10 day Vipassana meditation retreat north of Toronto (and they are all around the world)
- (hardcore 10 day meditation retreat, which is free btw which is pretty cool)
Re: 👆🏻 It doesn't really matter which one you use. Just find one you like and will stick with. 5-10 minutes a day is not that much. Think about all the other things you might do for 5-10 minutes a day and ask yourself, would my time be better served doing X or meditating?
Also, actually doing the meditating vs. reading about it is definitely better too.
Where to read about meditation:
- The Untethered Soul
- Read "The Two Minds" part of Self-Knowledge attached below, written by Mark Manson who wrote Subtle Art of Not Giving A Fuck
- Mindfulness: An Eight-Week Plan for Finding Peace in a Frantic World
Written: September 14, 2020 (originally sent in email to Swapna)